Thursday 20 June 2013

Me and the Ferrari go solo!

My 3 week signed not fit for work period came to an end and then was extended by my GP for a further 8 weeks :-/ How do I feel about this.....flat. Its not a joyous feeling being signed 'not fit for work'. It feels close to 'not fit for purpose'. I am currently still working from home as my employer is being supportive but I'm not sure how long that will last for. I am not physically capable of getting into Central London to get to my office. I end up in too much pain and I crumble. It's not good or professional to be seen as weak and a wreck.

I do feel better though for not having the travelling. I am able to manage the pain easier although if I do even go up to the school to pick the children up using my crutches (it is only literally round the corner) I am in agony.

I was given a band/bracelet to wear around my ankle by Matt at Streamz. It contains natural ores and compounds to help with pain and inflammation. It is a weighty piece to wear and I found it cold at first but you soon forget that it is there. Have I noticed a difference after a week?...I think so. I certainly don't ache as much but because I have severe OA the bone on bone pain is still there. I still wear it and my tens machine to compliment my pain medication. Streamz have a Facebook page...check them out! https://www.facebook.com/pages/You-StreamZ/408445515910843

My achievement for today.....I managed to get to the hospital and back on my own!! Me and the Ferrari wheels whoohoo!! I had to go for a blood test as I am bruising for no reason. Up early and cross the road to the bus stop as soon as I was ready. The bus driver was great, lowered the bus and the ramp but the pavement had pot holes in it and I got the wheel stuck so he helped push me onto the bus. I didn't have too long a wait for the vampires to take some blood before I headed back to the bus stop. This time no problems getting on the bus with the wheelchair. I was SO pleased with myself!!

The kids were super excited for Fathers Day. Presents were bought and wrapped, cards made....and we made a cake! We had such fun, there was chocolate, flour and icing sugar everywhere...it took rather a while to tidy up!! here is the creation...and Paul loved it!



 I mentioned earlier that I was bruising easily, I'm also getting dizzy/fainting spells. Doctor says it isn't my pain medication and my blood pressure was ok when he tested it. I'm hoping the blood test gives me some answers. It will be interesting to know if anyone else has symptoms like this.

Well, it's time for a cuppa and a ginger biscuit! Hope everyone is having a good day today.

Until next time xxxx

4 comments:

  1. did u check my store hun? I know swear but Forever Freedom gel to drink and MSM gel to put on my joints, not been on the disease modifying tabs for my psoriatic arthritis for 3 months now and has actually improved and now able to lift weights as gym :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ben, yes I did check...just need to wait til next pay day! x

      Delete
  2. Im getting dizzy spells and bruising for no reason too. no idea why but my life is like that at the moment. i have more broken bits than healthy. id be interested in any theories your doc might have. i havent mentioned it to my gp because the last time i was there i was dealing with some devastating news and forgot.
    gentle hugs
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen

      hope you get some help from your GP. My GP checked my blood pressure while I was sitting and standing and my BP was ok. Just need to wait and see what the blood tests say.

      Hugs

      Catherine x

      Delete