Tuesday 9 April 2013

Badges of Blue

Today I had my Occupational Health assessment for my application for a Blue Badge. The assessor was lovely, very understanding and took everything at an easy pace. She gave me details of help I may be able to get and to look into. The out come of the assessment is that I have been awarded a disability blue badge for 3 years. After the 3 years I will need to reapply and go through the assessment process again. Hopefully the badge will help with parking and being closer to shops etc as the arthritis and pain affects my mobility. Paul usually does all the shopping because I am unable to.

The badge costs £10 and people who are eligble need to apply through their local council. The application form isn't too long and the guide notes make filling it in easier.

I'm not quite sure how I feel about it all. I never thought I would need too go down this route but at least it was simple one which should help.

I've also applied for a freedom pass, the council have written to my GP for more details so at the moment it is a waiting game to see if I am eligible for one.

One of today's joys was watching the kids decorating cupcakes and cakepops with 3 of their friends. They had lots of messy fun and made some wonderful yummy creations. It's lovely to hear the sound of childrens laughter in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment